Friday, September 02, 2016
5 Items to Prepare for Hurricane Season
1. Sandbags - if you're close to the shore (and sometimes even if you're not) flooding becomes a major issue during a hurricane. Stack up some sandbags to keep the water out.
2. Emergency Lighting - you can't always count on the power staying on in a storm but you'll need light that can be powered by something other than a plug. Some people prefer old fashion candles or kerosene lanterns, but we recommend some hand crank flashlights and lanterns.
3. Solar/Wind Up Radio - as was mentioned, you can't count on the power staying up but you'll want to be able to keep up with any emergency broadcasts that may be going out. With a solar powered or wind up powered radio, you'll be assured you won't miss out on any vital information.
4. First Aid Kit - hopefully you'll never need to use it, but better safe than sorry.
5. Go-Bag/Tactical Pack - the items above are things you'll want to have around the house in case of an emergency but you should have a go-bag ready as well in case you need to move out. Pack it out with emergency food, blankets, ponchos, can openers, and more, just in case you're forced to relocate and can't bring the comforts of home with you.
Subscribe to the Camobloge