|Don't Have a Flag for Flag Day? Rothco's Got You Covered|
- Pennsylvania was the first state to celebrate Flag Day.
- Flag Day actually marks the beginning of a 21 day period called “Honor America Days” ending on the 4th of July.
- While June 14th was proclaimed Flag Day, it is not a national holiday but is treated as a holiday in certain areas of the United States.
- The United States Army wasn’t called the “United States Army” until 1796; it was previously called the Continental Army, the Regular Army, and the Legion of the United States.
- Originally, the Continental Congress authorized just 10 companies of riflemen.
- The Congress had wished for secrecy when forming the American Continental Army and so there are very few journal entries from the Continental Congress that day.
Subscribe to the Camobloge