Thursday, June 02, 2016

Take Rothco's 5-in-1 Multi-Purpose Tool on Your Next Camping Trip



With the warm weather officially back, we can finally go back to spending more time in the great outdoors. For us in the northeast, this also means it's time for another camping season.  So, with camping on my mind, I wanted to take one of our coolest and most popular survival tools and put it to the test... The Rothco 5-in-1 Multi-Purpose Tool.

 As you can infer from its name, this survival gadget has 5 interchangeable tools packed into one small carrying case. Just by swapping the heads, you can have an axe, saw, shovel, pick and compass at your disposal in seconds. When I first opened the kit, I was impressed by the heavy, durable construction of these steel tools. So, I put them into action, and they did not disappoint. The saw was capable of cutting through a log big enough for a large fire. The ax chopped clean into large log without much effort. The shovel was more than capable of penetrating a dried dirt surface. And the pickax is definitely a sturdy tool that will get the job done every time. The best part is you get all of these tools in an efficient nylon pouch that could be easily stored in your pack for when you need it.  Needless to say, I will be taking it on my next camping trip. 













-Connor @ Rothco

Subscribe to the Camobloge