1. MediumTransport Pack: On first glance you may think “there are other, larger, tactical packs to choose from” but the Medium Transport Pack makes the perfect fit for the zombie apocalypse. At first glance it may seem small but it fits a surprisingly large amount of gear. Plus, the medium transport pack has a nice narrow profile so if you’re running through the woods away from walkers you don’t have to worry about your pack catching on nearby branches.
2. V-Max Tactical Boots: Speaking of running, the V-Max Tactical Boots were practically made for the zombie apocalypse (not really). They’re so light that you’ll forget that you’re wearing boots and they’re so flexible that you’ll be able to run, jump, and climb with ease.
3. Hard Knuckle Gloves: Rothco’s Hard Knuckle Gloves are cut resistant, and I haven’t exactly tested them against bites but I’m pretty sure they’ll hold up if a zombie tries to chop down on you. Plus the molded hard knuckles give you a little something extra in case you’ve got to throw fists at a zombie.
4. Medical Kit: As careful as you may be, accidents happen. Best be prepared with a medical kit. This one is MOLLE compatible and will strap on nicely to the Medium Transport Pack.
5. XMRE: I’d rather fish, hunt, or forage for food but sometimes that’s not a reliable source of food. MRE’s have a long shelf life and will do the job in a pinch.
6. Large Paracord Knife: I shouldn’t have to explain how vital a knife is in any survival situation; attacking zombies, cutting and cleaning fish or animals (wash it first if you were just attacking zombies with it), batoning wood, the uses are nearly endless. Plus this one has a paracord handle and a fire starter as an added bonus.
7. 18" Sawback Machete: Hack your way through dense brush or walkers. Maybe both.
8. Riot Shield: If you and your friends all had riot shields you could make a solid Spartan style line and hold ground pretty well; especially if paired with the machete. Not bad solo either in a close quarter’s situation; walkers aren’t biting through a riot shield.
9. Shemagh: An essential survival item. If you’re not sure what to do with a shemagh just check out our video on all its uses.