Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Rothco Dealer Visit: StrikeForce Sports

My time working at Rothco has given me the opportunity to learn about interests and hobbies I never thought I would find myself a part of; let's just say if a zombie apocalypse happens I'm the one to call. I recently had the opportunity to visit one of our authorized dealers, StrikeForce Sports, an indoor airsoft field and shop in Deer Park, Long Island. I have never played airsoft before and prior to starting here at Rothco I had scarcely heard the term.

I know that airsoft is a growing market and that with Rothco's extensive line of military and tactical gear we have been growing more and more popular in the airsoft world. So, I decided to stop by StrikeForce and learn a little bit more about airsoft. I met with Jesse Geffen, a member of the StrikeForce team since 2013 and an airsoft player of over 10 years. In anticipation of my visit, Jesse put together two airsoft loadouts, using only Rothco gear. Jesse explained to me why the two loadouts he made were so different, told me what he loved about Rothco gear, and gave me a few pointers on the sport.

I never thought I'd be interested in airsoft but I have to admit, being decked out in Rothco tactical gear and shooting bb's around was a pretty great way to spend an afternoon. We'll be putting together a full video with the two specific loadouts we built as well as releasing the list of Rothco items we used to build them so stay tuned. In the meantime, take a look at some of the shots we took at StrikeForce.



-Matthew J Leone



Subscribe to the Camobloge