Here at Rothco we realize how fortunate we are and are always looking for ways to give back to the community we call home. That is why we take our holiday charity program so seriously. Each year we set out to beat last year's total contributions because we know how important it is for everyone to have a happy holiday and how far a dollar can go when you have your company matching the donations by 3X!
And it is with great honor - I get to say WE DID IT!!! With 136 of Rothco's employees donating towards 10 select local charities and Rothco matching those donations by 3X, together as a group we were able to raise over $200,000!
A 100% of the $202,400 we raised as company was given to 10 local charities. Below is more information on the charities Rothco has donated. For more information on the listed charities - please check out their sites.
- Suffolk County United Veterans: provides counseling, support services for U. S. Veterans of the Armed Forces.
- Pronto: provides food, support, clothing, etc. to the Hispanic community
- Hope House Ministries: provides compassionate, comprehensive and competent care for the poor, the marginal and the wounded.
- Christmas Magic: provides gifts of clothing, food, toys, to children who are homeless, disadvantaged, or stricken by poverty.
- A Mother's Kiss: provides support and counseling for families of critically ill children.
- LI Youth Mentoring: provides support and mentoring services for at-risk students.
- Witness Housing: provides financial support for families who need help paying their bills, so that they can stay in their homes.
- Lighthouse Mission: provides food, counseling, for the homeless and poor.
- Homeless Garden: locally based, which maintains a garden to provide fresh vegetables, etc., to the homeless.
- Support for Kids: based in Stony Brook, and provides support and financial assistance to children who are diagnosed with cancer and their families.
Subscribe to the Camobloge