Friday, August 08, 2014

The New Rothco Products I Can't Wait to Get My Hands On

Rothco is in the midst of rolling out new products that will be added to our 2015 catalog; some of these items are old favorites in new colors, others are brand new items all together. The 2015 catalog will be Rothco's largest catalog to date and with all those new products it's easy to get overwhelmed, so I've compiled a list of a few things that I am most looking forward to from the new catalog.

I've taken a strong liking to the survival market since coming to Rothco’s marketing department so anything survival related now piques my interest. Two items I plan on picking up and putting in the glove box of my Jeep are the Pry Survival Tool & the Zombie Paracord Knife. With all its uses, the pry tool will be very great to have on hand for travel and while I don’t plan on having to use the new Zombie Paracord Knife for fighting off a hoard of zombies, you never know what you’ll need a knife for and you can never have enough paracord lying around; plus the lime green accents look cool.

Anyone who saw my video on our shemagh knows that the shemagh is a great survival item and we happen to be bringing in several new patterns including a Globe & Anchor pattern, Spartan pattern, Skull pattern, and my personal favorite the Gadsden pattern. Why do I prefer the Gadsden pattern you ask? My 4th of July blog goes into the history of the Gadsden flag and, as a history-buff, I’m big on the “Don’t Tread on Me” snake as a colonial era revolutionary throwback. I don’t personally have an overwhelming amount of uses for the shemagh but for the novelty of having the “Don’t Tread on Me” style I’ll have to pick one up. We’re also introducing a “Don’t Tread on Me” cap later this month which will pair nicely with the t-shirt I already own.

Lastly, I can’t wait to pick up a new Medium Transport Pack. I already own the red medium transport pack and it is bar none my favorite item from Rothco; the narrow profile makes it great for use while biking or kayaking and there’s enough room to pack everything I need for a weekend vacation. This year we’ll be introducing a bunch of new colors and patterns so I’ll definitely be picking up a second one; I’m currently leaning towards the two-tone black & olive drab pack.

I hope you're as excited about these new products as I am. Luckily, I’ll be able to get these products as soon as they come in, for the rest of you head to our website to place an order or find an authorized dealer near you.

Matthew J Leone - Rothco

Subscribe to the Camobloge