Rothco Videos

Loading...

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Rothco's Kevlar Gloves Keep this Piano Player in Tune!

Today we have a guest writer, Steve Barre from Barre Army Navy Store. He passed along a wonderful e-mail from one of his customers who bought Rothco's Police Lined Kevlar Gloves and how they did their job!!

Here's Steves Letter:

***********************************************************************************
"We received a great email regarding product #3452 Rothco's Kevlar Gloves and thought we would share it with everyone.

To: Barre ArmyNavy Store

Subject: a note of thanks!

Hello, I am a certified piano technician and professional pianist from Hoboken,NJ, and I'm writing to tell you how one of your products saved my career.

Yesterday, as I opened the front gate of the home of a first-time customer I heard the barking of many dogs. I was not too concerned as I have many customers with dogs and I love animals.
The customer greeted me at the door and said "Come in, the piano is in the living-room." As I entered the house, I was immediately surrounded by EIGHT dogs, of all different breeds and sizes..(from poodles to spaniels to german shepards).

Then she said "Oh, are you afraid of dogs?". I said, "No, I like dogs."

At that moment, the 2 German Shepherds who were sniffing at me, (as the others were barking and growling), circled around me like sharks, and the one just clamped his teeth ferociously into my right hand and didn't let go. It felt like my hand was just slammed in a car door and immediately broken....the strength and pressure (and Pain!) were amazing. I knew I was injured.

I dropped my tool box and bag and removed my leather glove expecting to see lots of blood. To my amazement, there was no blood and no puncture. It was all because my wonderful wife gave me a pair of leather gloves lined with KEVLAR purchased from your online site at Christmas. I said to her "Why in the world would I ever need these?" She said "It's to protect your hands from sharp objects - they're your most valuable asset". I truly believe that had I not been wearing these gloves, with the verocity and pressure of that dog's bite, those big teeth would have went clean through the palm of my hand, and my piano tuning and playing days could possibly have been over.

Although my hand muscles were crushed (and the hospital advised me to follow up this week with an orthopedic surgeon), and there's lots of swelling (and still painful), there is no puncture or visible wound, and most importantly, no cut tendons or nerves. The glove absolutely saved me from a more serious injury!

I truly feel that these gloves are a valuable safety tool for all piano technicians, and I shared this story today with the national Piano Technician's Guild of which I am a member. If it had not been for these great gloves, I would have ended up in surgery yesterday. They are worth their weight in gold.

I'm not sure of the manufacturer of the Kevlar leather gloves , but perhaps you would forward my email to them. I think they should know about their most excellent product, true safety gear.
Just wanted to say Thanks very much for selling a quality product that really saved my hand.
Best regards,
Aart

We thank Aart for his letter and Rothco for yet another Great product!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Barbour, Barre Army Navy Store


**********************************************************************************

And there you go, another satisfied customer! To read a great another great review on Rothco's Tactical Gloves, check out the Outdoor Equipment Guide.


John Ottaviano




Subscribe to the Camobloge

4 comments:

jasonmittlieder said...

I have an funny story about those gloves. My friend at work had a pair. that morning in the shop he showed our boss by taking a knife and addempting to slice through the gloves. of course, it wouldnt cut them. later that afternoon, our boss and a friend walked into the shop where our new hand had just set his brand new leather gloves on the shelf. the boss grabbed them up and whipped out his knife, telling his friend "watch this!" He sliced the hands new leather gloves in two with one swipe.

John Ottaviano said...

Thanks, Jason, that's a classic!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

quite interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter.